Please bring the completed forms (linked below) to your child’s back to school orientation.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Rockcastle Pediatrics & Adolescents (RockPeds) is excited to offer school-based clinics this 2021-22 school year.
The providers at RockPeds, with the assistance of school nurses, will be able to examine students through video teleconferencing technology. Students at school, in the presence of the school nurse, will be able to see and hear the RockPeds pediatrician or nurse practitioner who will be located off-site, and the pediatrician or nurse practitioner will be able to hear, see, and examine the student as if they were in the same room.
Important Things to Know:
- Healthcare providers Dr. Callie Shaffer, Dr. Sarah Oliver, Courtney Browning, APRN, and Megan Taylor Pittman, APRN from Rockcastle Pediatrics & Adolescents will be providing these services.
- Parents/Guardians must complete and return the attached forms: Consent to Treatment, Authorization to Bill Health Insurance, and a Student Health Questionnaire.
- Services include: diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses, infections and injuries, simple diagnostic laboratory testing, health education, and referrals.
- Parents/Guardians will be contacted by the RockPeds medical staff regarding diagnosis and treatment after the school clinic visit is completed.
- Please contact RockPeds at (606) 256-4148 with any questions and/or concerns about your child’s school clinic visit or billing questions.
We look forward to providing this convenient and helpful service to students this year!
We will also offer flu shots for students. If you would like for your child to receive this important immunization, complete and return the Flu Vaccine School Consent Form. The date of the Flu Shot Clinic will be determined when vaccine is available this fall. Student does not have to be signed up for teleconference clinic services to receive flu vaccine. More information to come.
Please review and complete the forms below and return them to school with your child as soon as possible.